Please read ALL of the following information carefully before beginning your application!
Submissions will only be accepted through the online portal at artistfound.org.
No physical applications will be accepted.
No FAX, e-mail, courier, mail, or any other delivery methods.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if electronic submission is not possible.
Artists working and living in Bexar County may apply for this award. Specific ineligibilities are described below.
The application period is October 15, 2017 through December 22, 2017 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
In 2017 The Foundation will award four (4) grants of $15,000 each. The grant categories are :
Grants will be awarded by Feb, 15, 2018.
Work samples are a critical part of the application and serve to introduce you and your work to the panel. They should accurately represent your work. Only materials requested in this application will be reviewed. You should submit recent work, created in the past three years. All work samples should be clear, legible and/or audible reproductions of your work.
Following are the guidelines for submitting work samples. Those samples that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered.
As an artist, you will choose the one category you wish to apply to. You may only apply to one. Remember, this is a very competitive process and the jurors will be judging your application against many other applicants. The appropriateness of your choice of category will be taken into consideration. We have provided some guidelines, but the ultimate choice of category is yours.
Including (but not limited to) fiction, creative non-fiction, playwriting, screenwriting, or poetry.
Applicants should submit up to 5 sample works of any combination (see above) completed within the last three years. PLEASE DO NOT EXCEED 20 PAGES TOTAL.
Entries should be:
- PDF formatted file
- double-spaced and 12pt font
- clearly labeled with the author's name and the title of the work
- each file should not exceed 4MB in size
- If your work sample is a longer work, you may submit a short synopsis of the work as a whole, as well as an excerpt.
- Published work must be submitted in typed manuscript form rather than published form.
Including (but not limited to) musical composition, choreography, theatrical production, musical performance, acting, singing, dancing.
- Applicants should submit no more than 10 minutes of video or audio excerpts from work completed within the last three years.
- applicant's name and title of work(s)
- each file should not exceed 10MB in size for audio; or 100MB in size for video. Many formats are accepted.
- Applicants will also include the following information with each of their work samples:
- title of the work excerpted
- date completed
- technique (if applicable)
- original format
- the specific role of the applicant in creating the submitted work
- Musical Composition applicants will also include a list of instruments featured in their work.
Including (but not limited to) painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, installation, photography, collage, performance art, static digital art, public art, film & video (narrative, documentary, experimental or artistic), time-based digital art, theatrical set or costume design.
- Applicants will submit images of work samples that have been completed within the last three years. Please format your work samples following these guidelines:
- up to 10 (ten) JPG images, 2000 pixel maximum
- images should be uploaded in the order you wish them to be viewed.
- videos are accepted if they are less that 100MB
- Each image should have the following information:
- completion date
Artists must propose a project that demonstrates one or more of these characteristics: a potential for artistic growth; a significant shift in their work; or a challenging exploration with new materials, concepts or artistic practices a professional artist producing and maintaining work of high artistic quality.
Application Deadline: 05:00 PM, December 22, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Submissions will only be accepted online at artistfound.org. No physical applications will be accepted.
Grantees will be required to sign a contract which provides that the grant funds will be used in the manner provided in the recipient's application, and must provide an interim and final written report to the Foundation about their activities and use of funds. Any funds not expended for the purpose of the award as described in the Grantee's application must be returned to the Foundation.
All award recipients will be required to stage a performance, presentation or exhibition of or about their completed project at the fall showcase by the artist foundation. This showcase will take place in October of 2018. This production will be held within Bexar county and will be free and open to the general public. The location of the showcase will be provided by the artist foundation and all artists will be notified of the location a minimum of 60 days before the exhibition.
Use of Funds
The funds granted to artists may not be used for any of the following:
In general, the Artist Foundation Grants are available to artist living and working within Bexar County.
However, no Artist Grant may be awarded to any individual in the following categories:
Works created with assistance of Foundation awards are the property of the artist. The Foundation will however keep for its archives, the submitted application materials from each award recipient. The Artist Foundation requires identification as the funder of any funded projects presented in the future.
During the application and selection process the Foundation will not be responsible for loss or damage of support materials. However, the greatest care possible will be taken in handling the materials.
Award funds are taxable to the recipients under IRS guidelines. Recipients should consult their tax advisor regarding proper reporting for the award. Each artist receiving an award will be sent a Form W-9 for completion and return before receiving the award funds.